Are you an independent Tutor looking for an online home?
FMELearnOnline offer you a cheap, efficient platform to offer high quality eLearning. We support you and your students in your learning journey.
What sort of independent tutor uses us? You’ll have excellent training skills: you’ve been in classroom training for a major professional tuition firm at least 5 years and you’ve earned an excellent reputation. You’ll know your subject and the professional exams you train. You’ll probably have your own notes on your chosen subject, as the notes provided by others don’t quite fit your training approach / give adequate value to your students. You may be feeling constrained by the standardised approach of the big providers. So you want to run your own course / build your own brand / capitalise on your experience and reputation.
We take care of you eLearning IT / act as your collection agent, providing:
- a ‘study site’ using Moodle. For Moodle’s functionality, see here. Moodle is used by many Universities, so will be familiar to many of your potential students. It is designed for easy use by tutors. You’ll barely scratch the surface of it’s potential, which stretches from simple hosting of pdf docs and videos to gamification, quizzes and the like.
- basic IT support to your students to access your courses.
- eLearning support to you, particularly in your first couple of seasons. We’ll help you with hardware choice, video recording and editing, course structuring, product development etc. etc.
- an eCommerce site with auto enrolment on your Moodle course via Stripe and Paypal / auto-notification to you of all sales. Your courses are delivered under our standard student terms and conditions, which includes a standard complaints procedure.
- collection of student feedback for your courses
- an arbitration service in case of conflict between you and a student (this is a rare event, but when it happens we have a 100% success rate)
- a personal presence via your tutor page / product pages
- cross-selling opportunities with other tutors on our site
Pricing: Setting up your first online course involves heavy investment and a steep learning curve, so when you first join us we’ll give you free advice on your training options, course configuration options, hardware needs and detailed delivery choices. We’ll help you set up your first season’s courses for free. For your first two webinars we’ll attend those webinars, deal with technical issues where possible (depending on your webinar software) and give feedback afterwards, free.
We do NOT market on your behalf. FME is designed for independent tutors wishing to build their own brand / retain their own IP / offer top quality tuition with minimal interference. As such, whilst we can share information on how to market, we do not do this on your behalf.
So how much does all this cost? FME charges:
- 10% of your class fees assuming you meet minimum revenue / marketing criteria (it’s in nobody’s interests for you not to market or fail to make sales),
- for other services (such as setting up products / moodle courses / video hosting) at £20 per service (i.e. per product page, moodle course or topped/tailed and hosted video)
- £50 per hour for tailored work such as extensive video editing (we have a close relationship with a TV production company if needed)
- the cost of direct costs you incur via us: primarily Stripe collection fees.
Student data/invoicing: Once your course goes live, you are auto emailed each booking immediately. You have access to the names and emails of all students enrolled on your courses, and are responsible for VAT/issuing VAT invoices (where relevant) to your students. We issue students a non-VAT auto-invoice on your behalf and provide you with monthly statements. We remit what is due to you 10 days after the end of the calendar month in which your course ends.
- record your classes live, or help you do this yourself,
- ‘green screen’ studio quality material at our Reigate Studio,
- edit (‘slice and dice’/add text/intro/logos etc) your video/webinar,
- create video question banks, video text books etc.,
- our sister company, Alleycats Films, can create marketing/broadcast quality content.