Are you an independent Tutor looking for an online home?
FMELearnOnline offer you a cheap, efficient platform to offer high quality eLearning. We support you and your students in your learning journey.
What sort of independent tutor uses us? You’ll have the best training skills: you’ve been in classroom training for a major professional tuition firm at least 5 years and have developed an excellent reputation. You know your subject and you know the professional exams you want to train.
We take care of the IT / act as your collection agent, providing:
- a ‘study site’ using Moodle. For Moodle’s functionality, see here. Moodle is used by many Universities, so will be familiar to many of your potential students, and is reliable. It is designed for easy use by tutors.
- basic IT support to your students to access your courses.
- an eCommerce site with auto enrolment on your Moodle course via Stripe and Paypal. You have a personal presence via your tutor page / product pages. Your courses are delivered under our standard student terms and conditions.
- cross-selling opportunities with other tutors on our site
- co-operative marketing solutions, such as a shared PQ magazine ad
Pricing: Setting up your first online course involves investment, so when you first join us we’ll give you free advice on your training options, course configuration options, hardware needs, detailed delivery choices and a couple of free practice webinars with us. We’ll help you set up your first season’s courses for free. For your first two webinars we’ll set you up via Adobe Connect using our license for free, and we’ll attend those webinars and deal with technical issues / give feedback afterwards, free.
So how much does all this cost? FME charges:
- 10% of your class fees assuming you meet minimum revenue / marketing criteria (it’s in nobody’s interests for you not to market or fail to make sales),
- for other services (such as setting up products / moodle courses / video hosting) at £20 per service.
- £50 per hour for tailored work such as video editing.
- the cost of direct costs you incur via us: primarily PayPal or Stripe collection fees.
In your first year with us we remit 50% of what is due to you monthly, and 50% after the relevant exam. After your first year we remit 100% of what is due to you monthly.
Student data/invoicing: Once your course goes live, you are automatically emailed each booking on your courses immediately. You have access to the names and emails of all students enrolled on your courses, and are responsible for VAT/issuing VAT invoices (where relevant) to your students.
- record your classes live, or help you do this yourself,
- ‘green screen’ studio quality material at our Reigate Studio,
- edit (‘slice and dice’/add text/intro/logos etc) your video/webinar,
- create video question banks, video text books etc.,
- our sister company, Alleycats Films, can create marketing/broadcast quality content.