Are you an independent Tutor?
FMELearnOnline is here to support you and your students in your learning journey.
We provide a cheap, efficient eLearning platform for your IP, eCommerce services, technical assistance, and a mutually supportive tutor community. We create a robust environment where students know they will receive an excellent service.
You’ll be enthusiastic about ‘building your own brand’.
You’ll have excellent classroom training skills: you’re likely to have been teaching at least 5 years and have an excellent reputation with your students. You’re committed to teaching excellence and student support. You’ll know the professional exam(s) you train like the back of your hand. You’ll either have, or want to have, your own notes, as ‘standard’ notes don’t always bring out the best in your students. You’ll feel ‘limited’ by the standardised approach of the big providers. You’ll already have big ideas about how you can make learning better.
You’ll recognise the marketing commitment needed. You may already be active on social media and have your own website. If not, you soon will.
You understand there’s a lot of new skills to learn, plus lots of plain hard work to do setting up your course and the supporting infrastructure. You’ll see that as an exciting opportunity.
What we do
We take care of a large number of your online headaches. FMELearnOnline:
- maintains a ‘study site’ using Moodle. For Moodle’s functionality, see here. Moodle is used by many Universities, so will be familiar to many of your potential students. It is designed for easy use by tutors. You’ll barely scratch the surface of it’s potential, which stretches from simple hosting of pdf docs, videos and quizzes to gamification and the like. Moodle doesn’t lock you in to FME. Your IP remains yours.
- offers basic IT support to your students to access your courses.
- offers eLearning support to you, particularly in your first couple of seasons. We’ll help you with hardware choice, video recording and editing, course structuring, product development etc. etc. We’ll even rent you a laptop with all your required software with remote support to get you started.
- maintains an eCommerce site with auto enrolment on your Moodle course via Stripe / auto-notification to you of all sales. Your courses are delivered under our standard student terms and conditions, which includes a standard complaints procedure.
- collects student feedback for your courses.
- maintains the FME ACCA ALP status, to ensure that you (and we) meet the ACCA’s standards.
- offers a guarantee to your students that you will deliver the course you supplied to a reasonable standard, by acting as your ‘stakeholder’ for some or all of your student fees until course completion.
- acts as arbitrator in case of conflict between you and a student (this is a rare event, but when it happens we have a 100% success rate).
- maintains a personal presence via your tutor page / product pages.
What we don’t do
We do not market on your behalf. FME is designed for independent tutors wishing to build their own brand / retain their own IP / offer top quality tuition with minimal interference. We can share information on how to market, and we often co-ordinate collective marketing by tutors who use our services.
We don’t tell you how to teach. We know every top tutor is unique, so we encourage you to innovate and do what you do best. You must achieve ACCA accreditation targets, where relevant, as a minimum.
Our introductory offer
Setting up your first online course involves heavy investment. So our introductory offer covers:
- advise on your training options, course configuration options, hardware needs and detailed delivery choices,
- set up your first season’s Moodle courses,
- edit, render, host and embed your training videos into your course,
- onboard you to the FME eCommerce site (setting up your tutor and product pages),
- manually intervene to complete sales, create discount coupons, etc.
- offer you a couple of practice sessions and attend your first live webinar to deal with technical issues where possible (depending on your webinar software)
We do all the above for free, usually for your first diet.
- 10% of your class fees. After 12 months you must meet minimum revenue / marketing targets or this % increases.
- any direct costs you incur via us: primarily Stripe collection fees, at cost
- test creation and student enrolment fees for the ACCA TestReach platform
- an agreed fee for work such as extensive video editing: we have a close relationship with a TV production company if needed,
- ‘manual services’ (such as those listed under our introductory offer): £20 per service once your introductory period is over.
Student data/invoicing: Once your course goes live, you are auto emailed each booking immediately. You have access to the names and emails of all students enrolled on your courses, and are responsible for VAT/issuing VAT invoices (where relevant) to your students. We issue students a non-VAT receipt on your behalf and provide you with monthly statements. We remit what is due to you 10 days after the end of the calendar month in which your course exam is sat.
We offer a low-cost hosting and support service so you can contract with your students directly / undercut the major brands. Equally, FME tutors should offer a top, responsive service to students, which is impossible to do ‘on the cheap’. So whilst pricing is primarily your decision, FME reserves the right to challenge pricing that ‘does not make sense’.
- record live classes live, or help you do this yourself, including ‘green screening’ in the classroom
- ‘green screen’ studio quality training videos at our Reigate Studio,
- edit (‘slice and dice’/add text/intro/logos etc) your videos/webinars,
- create video question banks, video text books etc.,
- our sister company, Alleycats Films, can create marketing/broadcast quality content.