ACCA SBR: STRATEGIC BUSINESS REPORTING
ACCA SBR ‘We’ve taken the current qualification view of reporting to new levels. Students will get the skills needed to confidently speak the language of business and explain reports to a wide variety of stakeholders.’
The key to passing this exam is to first get a basic understanding of the technical content (The principles of which feed from FR). However, this is not enough to pass. This knowledge then needs to be applied and talked about in a professional, concise, easy to follow format.
The key areas to understand to pass the exam are:-
- fundamental ethical and professional principles to ethical dilemmas and discuss the consequences of unethical behaviour
- evaluate the appropriateness of the financial reporting framework and critically discuss changes in accounting regulation
- apply professional judgment in the reporting of the financial performance of a range of entities
- prepare the financial statements of groups of entities
- interpret and advise on the meaning of financial statements that include non-financial data including segmental, sustainability and integrated reports for different stakeholders
- communicate the impact of changes in accounting regulation on financial reporting.
Tom Clendon is the famous ACCA SBR guru, an award winning lecturer, former examiner and marker with thirty years’ experience in helping thousands of students pass their ACCA final level accountancy papers.
CBE: For a comparison between Tom’s different products, please click here.
Paper based exam: For a comparison between Tom’s different products, please click here.
To check the date Strategic Professional Exams move to CBE for your country, please click here.